Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Julia Has Decided Unwittingly to be my Procrastination Enabler

All right, folks, this one's for me, since the questions look different than others I've done. We'll see if that holds.

1. Where were you when the ball dropped for 2006?


Beauty Bar! NYC... Me too, so I'll stick with Julia's answer. See relevant journal entry for details.


2. How did you get the idea for your livejournal name?

Well, Becky just came to me in a flash of wild inspiration, but if we're talking about the "transubstantiatedchicken" part, see my second post ever (I think). Just a bit of clever and tongue in cheek, yet based-on-a-true-story piety.


3. What time were you born?

I think it was around 6 AM, but I never remember.


4. What song are you playing now, or wish you were playing?

For some reason, exactly as I looked at this question, Age of Aquarius popped into my head. Who am I to argue with fate? Except I would.

5. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?

I don't know. I guess that's a no? But I feel like there were some that affected me rather strongly.

6. What color underwear are you wearing?

Julia said: "but about 2 hours ago i had purple cheetah spots ;-)" I find this interesting, because I have purple cheetah spots right now.


7. Do you want a baby?

I... think so. But I'm never sure. Though yesterday at the Y there was this cute child and I was like, wow, that would be great, to have a kid. And then today I was fantasizing about being a foster mom, but that was more a response to hearing about some horrible things in the system of foster care and feeling helpless. Though it has crossed my mind before.

8. What did you do this morning?

Got up way too early-- in the sense of not wanting to do it, not in the sense of having tons of time to get ready, and came to work, where I do... work, and also things like this.

9. What does your dad do for a living?

He's a nurse's aide in a nursing home.

10. What ended your last relationship(s)?

I've never had a "relationship" the way this question is asking... I'll second Julia's answer, although Mark definitely is tenaciously pursuing a relationship, and I'm not sure what to do about that. Other than that, I've had a few fairly intense crushes, some ending with a whimper and some with a bang. Sort of.


11. Do you have a date for Valentines?

Katie said she'd be my date, though I don't know what we're doing, and it's probably in the middle of the week.

12. What are the last 2 digits of your phone number?

45

13. What was the last concert you attended?

Was it Gogol Bordello? I guess so!

14. Who was with you? at the sweet concert?

Charlotte and Maddie and Rachel and Alex... that was it, right?

15. What was the last movie you watched?

A snippet of The Silver Chair.

16. Who do you dislike at the moment?

No one that I know personally in any kind of intense way. I'm on an even keel right now. Or maybe I just can't think of them at this current time.

17. What food do you crave right now?

I sort of really want a hot dog for lunch, even though I'm trying not to eat the cheap unhealthy stuff anymore.

18. Did you dream last night?

I think so, but I don't recall specifics.

19. What was the last TV show you watched?

Lost, I think.

20. What is your favorite piece of jewelry?

Probably my Bryn Mawr ring. I'm also very enamored of my two new necklaces.

21. What was the last thing you ate?

A cookie that said what girl scouting is all about.

22. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex?

Probably Nathaniel. :) I've been out of touch with the opposite sex for awhile, but he's still a wonderful friend.

23. Write a song lyric that's in your head?

"He takes off her dress now... I just can't look, it's killing me..." It played on my clock radio this morning and it sort of keeps cycling through my head at random intervals.

24. Are you on any meds?

Yes, good old prevacid.

25. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

I often start off on one side and end up on the other. But I guess the far side gets more use, over all.

26. What shirt are you wearing?

Good old zoo shirt and good less old stripey sweater. I just realized that the zoo shirt is what I wore when I took the plane to Spain junior year, and the stripey sweater was a staple of my wardrobe there, by which I mean I wore it several times a week.

27. What is your favorite frozen treat?

ICE CREAM! Preferably Breyer's mint chocolate chip, but almost any ice cream is wonderful and desired.

28. How many tattoos/piercings do you have?

Standard ear piercings, just once.

29. What's your favorite store?

This I have answered 25,000 times.

30. Are you thirsty right now?

A bit, but not as much as I have been lately.

31. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married?

Sometimes, it seems like a great idea. Sometimes not. So I guess we'll see.


32. Who's someone you haven't seen in a while and miss?

Dannah. Roz. Bekah. Liz. Gee, there are lots, really.

33. What did you do last night?

Watched a bit of The Silver Chair, talked to Bekah and Lilah on the phone, and Julia and Maddie online, and did not really do my financial stuff at all...

34. Do you care what people think about you?

Certainly.

35. Have you ever done something to instigate trouble?

Trouble like mischief? Yes.

36. What song(s) do you think ex's listen to and think of you?

Do you know, I don't really know in general what songs make people think of me.

37. What song(s) do you listen to and think of ex's?

If you mean the person(s) with whom I had the displeasure of a breakup without the pleasure of dating... well, you know, it's sort of unclear, actually. Now that I set up that whole interesting linguistic thing... I'll have to think about it.

38. What is one thing you wish you were better at?

Only one? Perhaps taking romantic risks (even in terms of approaching strangers) when I really want to.

39. What hurts you?

Knives.

40. Do you like the person who posted this last?

Not really, I'm just using her for sex. Hmmm. Perhaps I'd better think about this deal, in fact, because it seems to me I'm not getting my fair share of the bargain. ;) Oh, ok, yes, you caught me, I like her!

No comments: